Sunday, February 3, 2013

Learning To Fly A Plane Is Like Starting A Business

As I continue to learn about flight I am amazed at how many thing one has to remember all at the same time.  Each lesson of my online "Ground School" class adds another dimension of something to remember.  Another ball to keep in the air (so to speak).  I have not yet gotten into a plane (other than as a passenger), but the amount of information that I realize I need to know keeps growing.

This is not really that different from starting a business.  Each day there is something more complex to add to the mix, and I am always reminded how delicate the whole infrastructure can be, and that I am the one in charge.  There is always something to be thinking about, and a mistake can be costly.  My business is more than just me, as everyone around me is linked to my successful navigation of my journey.

I may have mentioned it on this blog before, but I think that all wannabe entrepreneurs should also study to become a pilot.  Aviation is not something to be entered into lightly, and neither is starting a business.  Both can bring great rewards, but there are not any shortcuts that will get you there without sacrificing safety.

Slowly I am progressing as a someday pilot and as a current entrepreneur.  I am excited about both adventures, but seem to constantly be overwhelmed about what I am undertaking.  I have tied the two together, as I need the business to be more successful to be able to afford the flying lessons, and once I have my pilots certificate I can better travel to my Texas clients (and beyond).

At least I am having fun with all of it!!!

thom singer


1 comment:

  1. if you are aspire to Learn To Fly A Plane ,it is simple by learning from simulator.simple lesson will tech you a lot of thing about flying.

    ReplyDelete