Sunday, November 11, 2012

Flying Is No Longer The Same

As a professional speaker I fly commercially all the time (over 50 flights last year)... but since I began studying aviation everything is different in how I experience travel.

This is not a bad thing (in fact, it is pretty cool), but my attention to the airplane, airport, crew, and other aspects of the flight experience is definitely changing.

I find myself looking closely at the shapes of the planes, the wings, etc.....  I get into conversations with people about flight.  I look out the window as we takeoff and land.  I review the shapes of the clouds and study the weather (and wonder if I was in a private plane how the differing weather might impact my flight plan).

Flying is no longer the same.  It is not just an ends to the getting me from point A to point B.  It is now something that has my attention.  I am inspired by flight, and I think about how much cooler it would be to be in a Cirrus than in a big jet.  ;-)

Have A Great Day

thom singer


No comments:

Post a Comment