Sunday, October 28, 2012

Vocabulary, Vocabulary, Vocabulary - Do Not Skip The Small Stuff!!!

For several days I have been excitedly beginning my online ground-school class.  I am trying to dedicate an hour each day to explore the material with a keen eye to detail.  I am taking notes like crazy in the notebook that came with the course, and am convinced that I will run out of pages long before I finish all the sections.

I am engulfed by the amount of vocabulary and understanding of the construction of a plane that I am reading.  Also each chart and illustrations of planes, wings, propellers, etc that I am reviewing is making me think about they all the details involved with being a pilot.  It is not like getting a license to drive a car.  A month ago I never thought much about this stuff, and now I cannot wait to see what comes with each new paragraph.  It is interesting.

But the information is very detailed, and important, thus my progress is slow.  At this rate I may be in ground-school forever.

However, I am overwhelmed with the comparisons that pop into my mind about building my business.  Often entrepreneurs get tired of the details and forge ahead without digesting all the important details.  Wanna-be pilots cannot do this or they may be destined for disaster.... but many business owners meet a negative fate because they are not patient and do not learn the specifics that I feel one must when they are seeking to fly.

I am quickly discovering that the commitment to being a pilot goes farther than just learning to fly a plane.

Have A Great Day.

thom singer

No comments:

Post a Comment